Ohio

Carbon monoxide poisoning accuses the deaths of three American tourists in the Bahamas, police said

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills three American tourists Found dead at the resort In the Bahamas in May, police announced on Tuesday.

Authorities said the dead were still under investigation and did not provide further details.

The victims were identified as Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, from Tennessee. Vincent Chiarella from Florida, 64 years old.

Chiarella’s wife, Donnis Chiarella, 65, was found alive and was airlifted to New Providence for treatment before being transferred to a Florida hospital.

The couple stayed next to each other in separate villas in the same building at Sandals Emerald Bay Resort on Exuma Island. It was unclear if the villa had a carbon monoxide detector and if so it was working.

According to police, all four tourists went to the doctor the night before the body was found and complained that they were feeling sick.

It was not clear what was the source of the carbon monoxide that killed them. A sandal spokesman introduced all the questions to the police, but a Bahamian police spokesman, Audrey Peters, said he could not provide information “at this time” and did not answer any further questions. ..

sample Taken from 3 victims He was sent to the Philadelphia Institute for a toxicology report.

Sandals said last month that it plans to install carbon monoxide detectors in all guest rooms at all resorts in response to the deaths of three people.

In a statement that reflected a similar statement released about a month ago by Sandals on Tuesday evening, officials said the dead were “isolated in one independent structure accommodating two separate rooms.” He said he had determined that it was the cause.

Sandals said in a previous statement that the dead “have nothing to do with the resort’s air conditioning system, food and beverage services, landscaping services, or cheating.”

A family in Delaware died seven years after becoming seriously ill at a resort in the US Virgin Islands. U.S. officials have determined that it was caused by methyl bromide, a highly toxic pesticide that was banned from use in indoor homes in 1984, and was used several times at the resort.

Carbon monoxide poisoning accuses the deaths of three American tourists in the Bahamas, police said

Source link Carbon monoxide poisoning accuses the deaths of three American tourists in the Bahamas, police said

Related Articles

Back to top button