Carbon monoxide poisoning in Columbus


The mayor of Columbus is trying to reach the root of the misunderstanding because it may have pose a danger to the people of Columbus.

Friday, July 30, 2021 6:57 pm CDT

Has been updated:

Columbus-A health warning was issued in Columbus on Thursday.

After the Columbus fire department responded to the July 14 fire at the ADM ethanol plant, the mayor is now trying to reach the root of what could have been done in another way.

Fire Chief Dan Miller worked with ADM to contain a smoldering coal-seam fire for nearly three weeks. He is not accepting comments on NCN.

During that time, four people reported symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Two were positive. No one was hospitalized.

On Tuesday, Mayor Jim Bulkeley was informed about the fire. He looked up the location and called the authorities.

“I’m disappointed with the time lag, but of course, hindsight is in 2020,” Bulkeley said.

He called the East Central Health Department and Pratt Regional Emergency Management. Both tell NCN that it should have been communicated sooner.

Almost immediately, ECHD released a public alert on Thursday. I advised the residents to report their weaknesses. Dizziness; and headaches to healthcare professionals; test carbon monoxide alerting.

Residents nearby said they were not worried.

“I’m not too worried. I used to work there, but I know they’re in control of things,” said Josh Kirby, who works at a chemical factory right next to ADM. ..

“I’m not worried at all. I think it will take a lot of time in the air to influence someone,” said Don Pfeiffer of Columbus. He heard about the news warning, but thought it shouldn’t be serious.

Others have expressed how grateful they are for having a carbon monoxide tester.

“This is the first thing I’ve heard about it, but we’re really good at making sure the carbon monoxide alarm is working,” Rosepalas said. “Our neighbor left a few years ago after a gas leak, and I always remembered it. It can be scary.”

Experts are at the ADM site to monitor the air. ADM wrote in a statement that it did not find any traces of carbon monoxide.

Meanwhile, Columbus city officials promise to ensure that more people will be responsible for making this type of decision in the future. Bulkley said he has created a timeline and is personally investigating to figure out what went wrong.

“I believe ADM is doing everything it can with all its hands,” Bulkeley said of the company.

Fire authorities refused to comment on the issue with NCN.

Carbon monoxide poisoning in Columbus

Source link Carbon monoxide poisoning in Columbus

Related Articles

Back to top button