Ohio

Luxury brand coaches stop destroying unwanted products

Related video above: Why is it so popular to rent clothes now? Luxury brand Coach goes to the store after claiming in a Tik Tok viral video that the label intentionally “reduced” unnecessary tax items. Announced that it will not discard damaged or “unsellable” items that have been returned. The American brand told Instagram on Tuesday that it would “stop” discarding in-store returns and “responsibly reuse, recycle, and reuse excess or damaged products.” This move follows TikTok user Anna’s claim. A saxophone that photographed himself opening a box of coach products that seemed to be unusable. In a one-minute video, Sacks, who uses the username @thetrashwalker, states that it is the coach’s policy to “intentionally order employees to slash (unnecessary items) so that no one can use them.” I did. A jacket with straps and large crevices, the saxophone, claimed in the video that this practice was part of a “tax loophole” where the brand would cancel the product “as if it had been accidentally destroyed.” Neither the coach nor its parent company, Tapestry, responded to CNN’s request for comment. The video, first posted on TikTok on Saturday, has been rated more than 560,000 times at the time of writing. Social media backlash increased on Tuesday when influential fashion watchdog Diet Prada posted a complaint on Instagram with a video showing coach items recovered from dumplings. stock. This practice is usually aimed at preventing excess inventory from being sold at a lower price and damaging the brand’s exclusivity. In 2018, Burberry announced that it would stop burning unsold merchandise after it was discovered to have destroyed more than $ 36 million worth of clothing and perfumes the previous year. In recent years, various fashion houses, watchmakers and apparel companies have faced similar accusations. However, critics of the coach’s alleged policy focused on the brand’s (Re) Loved program, repair services, and resale platforms sold as a “lean way.” thing. “In the video, Sax said he would send the damaged items to a repair service to see if the label would fix them for her. The coach’s Instagram statement said the brand “Committed to sustainability,” “Our Coach (Re) Loved and other circular programs.” Tapestry, which also owns brands such as Kate Spade and Monique Lhuillier, is 28,258 in the 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report. He states that he has repaired one Coach item, which is equivalent to 85% of the items sent to the brand. That year, the remaining 15% “continues to develop scalable solutions.” Sax, who spoke to CNN via WhatsApp, welcomed the coach’s answer as a “start.” “I would like to reiterate that coaches are a publicly captured brand, but this time around, but this is a common practice in the fashion industry,” he said. “I’m worried that other brands will continue to overproduce and destroy, with the utmost care to hide evidence, rather than seriously working on the right size production.” Includes the use of compactors, the locking of dumplings, the enforcement of disciplinary signatures on employees, and more. Disclosure agreement). If this is a lesson that the fashion industry takes from this coaching case, it’s a shame and will hurt our planet. That is my greatest fear of exposing destruction. ”

Related video above: Why renting clothes is such a hot trend right now

Luxury brand coaches do not discard damaged or “unsellable” items returned to the store after Viral TikTok Video claims that the label intentionally “reduced” unwanted items for tax purposes. Was announced.

American brands without direct reference to claims I have written On Tuesday, Instagram announced that it would “stop” discarding in-store returns and consider “responsibly reusing, recycling and reusing excess or damaged products.”

This move follows TikTok user Anna Sacks’ claim. I photographed myself Unpacking Coach products that appear to be unusable. In this one-minute video, Sacks, who uses the username @thetrashwalker, says it’s the coach’s policy to “instruct employees to deliberately slash (unwanted items) so no one can use them.” Said.

The saxophone has a slash bag, shoes with cut straps, and a jacket with large crevices, and this practice is part of a “tax loophole” where the brand cancels the product “as if it was accidentally destroyed.” I insisted that there was. Neither the coach nor its parent company, Tapestry, responded to CNN’s request for comment.

First posted on TikTok on Saturday, this video has been rated over 560,000 times at the time of writing.Social media backlash intensified on Tuesday, with influential fashion watchdog Diet Prada Post A complaint to Instagram with a video that appears to show the coach’s items being recovered from the dumplings.

Industry practice

Labels are not the only luxury companies that are believed to deliberately destroy unwanted inventories. This practice is usually aimed at preventing excess inventory from being sold at a lower price and damaging the brand’s exclusivity.

In 2018, Burberry announced that it would stop burning unsold merchandise after it was discovered that it had destroyed clothes and perfumes. Value over $ 36 million Previous year. In recent years, various fashion houses, watchmakers and apparel companies have faced similar accusations.

However, critics of the coach’s alleged policy have drawn attention to the brand’s (Re) Loved program, a repair service and resale platform that is being sold as a “lean way to do things.” In the video, Sax said he intends to send damaged items to repair service to see if the label fixes them for her.

According to Coach’s Instagram statement, the brand is “working on sustainability” and is dedicated to maximizing the reuse of such products in Coach (Re) Loved and other circulation programs. “apparently.

Tapestry, which also owns brands such as Kate Spade and Monique Ruilier, repaired 28,258 coach items (equivalent to 85% of what was sent to the brand that year) in its 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report, making it “scalable. We are continuing to develop. ” The remaining 15% are “solutions”.

Sax spoke to CNN via WhatsApp and welcomed the coach’s response as a “start.”

“Coaches want to reiterate that this is a publicly featured brand, a practice that is widespread in the fashion industry,” she said. “My fear is that instead of seriously working on producing the right size, other brands will continue to overproduce and destroy only now, with particular care to hide the evidence.

“This could include the use of compactors, the locking of dumplings, and the enforcement of punitive (nondisclosure agreements) on employees. If this is a lesson the fashion industry is about to learn, it’s a shame. And punitive damages to the earth. Coach’s case. That is my greatest fear of exposing destruction. “



Luxury brand coaches stop destroying unwanted products

Source link Luxury brand coaches stop destroying unwanted products

Related Articles

Back to top button