US & World

Shelby Holihan loses injunction from Olympic trial

A request for an emergency injunction from American record holder Shelby Houlihan was declined on Friday following her four-year ban on Nandrolone.

Eugene, Oregon — The quest for Shelby Houlihan to overturn the doping cessation in time for this year’s Olympic trial is over. Houlihan’s request for an emergency injunction from the Swiss Supreme Court was dismissed on Friday because the court did not have an initial decision to refer to in order to make its own judgment.

The Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport announced earlier this week Ban on Furihan for 4 years After an international tester finds traces of performance enhancer Nandrolone on her system.

Hurihan, who finished fourth at the 1500m in last year’s world championships and holds American records at both the 1500m and 5000m, got a positive test. She ate pork burritos a few hours before the test.. In recent years, there have been many cases where contaminated meat causes positives.

Houlihan, who participated in the Friday qualifying for both distances in the Olympic trial, Her name was removed before the race started..

she is Case update On social media.

“Contrary to media reports, I want to make it clear that I wasn’t going to compete if the injunction wasn’t granted,” she said. “If I’m going to race, that’s the right way to go. I respect sports and competitors too much.”

Her uncertain status in the race confused the day leading to the start of the trial.

The USA Track & Field announced earlier Thursday that it would allow Houlihan to run until he had exhausted all possible appeals, including appeals to Swiss courts. It has led to backlash from athletes and others asking why athletes banned by CAS, the ultimate authority in the sports world, are allowed to race.

The USATF and the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee returned later that day, saying they would comply with all anti-doping rules. USATF explained that she was not in a position to remove her from the lineup because she did not receive the official notice of the ban on Furihan until late that day.

Meanwhile, Houlihan’s team sent the appeal to the Swiss High Court for an injunction. The request was denied, but Mr. Houlihan said he would pursue an appeal after CAS made a complete decision.

“It’s said that it’s difficult to win this kind of appeal, but I keep believing that the truth will win,” she said.

At a social media post and a video press conference earlier in the week, Furihan and her lawyer did not provide evidence of a long-term accumulation of nandrolone, with the presence of a hair sample and a burrito hours before she tested. Showed that he ate.

“I can’t find a word to describe how disappointing this is,” she said in a Friday post on Instagram. “It definitely hurts me to lose my dreams and career for what I didn’t do.”



Shelby Holihan loses injunction from Olympic trial

Source link Shelby Holihan loses injunction from Olympic trial

Related Articles

Back to top button