If you assume LinkedIn is a simple nut to break when it arrives at scraping, you’re residing in your fantasy world. Let’s be clear, LinkedIn is arguably the most challenging website to scrape. Then they go to great lengths to dissuade scraping, such as having in place clever and stringent anti-bot systems, as well as legal staff to use the legislation against you.
LinkedIn has been subjected to a significant amount of scraping, and they want to put an end to it. LinkedIn’s anti-scraping civil suit against HiQ is among the most popular in the industry – sadly for them, HiQ managed to win the lawsuit.
What is LinkedIn Chrome extension?
Chrome extensions are a clever way to get results faster while seamlessly integrating into your everyday work life. LinkedIn Chrome extension is an add-on (plugin) for your Google Chrome browser that lets you view all of your connections/contacts on LinkedIn right from within the window. It can assist you in getting the most from your LinkedIn experience in business, making sure you have the most significant possible reach in the shortest amount of time.
A step by step guide to install LinkedIn Chrome Extension
- In a new tab, go to the LinkedIn official site and follow the link “Get the Chrome Extension.”
- Once downloaded, click the “Add to Chrome” option. An installation box should appear asking you to add the LinkedIn extension to your Google Chrome browser (most likely at the top of the page). Click “Add extension.”
- Now, whenever you open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser, you will see the LinkedIn icon next to the search bar. Click it to use LinkedIn Chrome Extension!
- The extension should show you how many people (and their names) you are connected to on LinkedIn in real-time. You can also click “Today’s Top Experts” to be taken directly to the list of experts ranking page.
Best 4 Linkedin Profile Scraping Tools
LinkedIn seems to be a popular device for gathering research data. It is why there are so many great LinkedIn scrapers available for extracting information from the platform.
A Linkedin profile scraping tool is software used to extract connections and other information from Linkedin. It scrapes the data of a specific user. It is a potent tool for marketers who want to learn more about their competitors, business partners, and employees (especially if they’re not giving it out on their profile).
- Octopus CRM
- Proxycrawl LinkedIn Scraper
- Export LinkedIn contact information to a CSV file with various important available data, such as phone numbers, email addresses, and much more, within a few snaps with Dripify.
- Finding Lead Data-View led directly data in the private “Leads” tab, where you can group people by actions taken with all these leads, filter by “advertisement,” add notes, and more.
- Export Data to CSV File-Download LinkedIn contact information in a CSV file that includes a wealth of helpful information such as full name, corporation, position, number of links, phone number, email address, and website Link.
Consider a LinkedIn autopilot that enables you to:
- send automated LinkedIn texts
- auto-endorse your address book’ skills
- visit large numbers of profile pages per day
- gain access to the private CRM page
- build campaigns
- generate your marketing funnel
This Chrome extension is accessible for LinkedIn automation, such as requesting interconnection, mass messaging, visiting profiles, and auto-endorsing. OctopusCRM is also simple to set up and then use for the LinkedIn account.
Using this tool, you can create your sales funnel by constructing workflows that can also get integrated with Zapier. Because it is aware of the daily LinkedIn limits, this will computerize some tasks based on your search parameters to save you a significant amount of time.
- Simple to use device that can rapidly get you an immense popularity
- Excellent for a short burst of conversations in the short term
- Dangerous to your account; use may result in the suspension
- Characteristics are pretty basic
Proxycrawl LinkedIn Scraper
Proxycrawl’s scraping API (Application Programming Interface) collection includes several scrapers, including one for LinkedIn.
However, unlike the other internet scrapers noted above, it necessitates some coding knowledge.
It is intended for development companies who do not wish to deal with Captchas or proxy management.
The tool enables you to scrape information such as user resume details, employee data, a company’s summary, and so on. This software is simple to use, similar to submitting API requests.
Proxycrawl costs $29 per month for 50,000 credits. Users can use it for free for the first 1000 queries.
The cloud is one of the operating systems, and you can access it via API.
The data is available in JSON format.
- Pricing begins at $99 for a single-user license.
- Trials are fully functional. Free trials for ten days
- Data output formats include Excel, CSV, JSON, XML, and SQLite.
- Platform Supported: Desktop
Helium Scraper is a computer program that can get used to scrape LinkedIn data. You can scrape everything from profile pages to local businesses and job posting information. Because of its user-friendly interface, Helium Scraper makes it simple to extract data from LinkedIn. Helium Scraper emerges with a training-oriented point-and-click interface.
Helium Scraper offers a simple flow of work and guarantees quick extraction when capturing complex information. The volume of data that Helium Scraper can capture is set at 140 terabytes because that is the amount of data SQLite can hold.
Linkedin Profile Scraping Tools Pros and Cons
|Linkedin profile scraper
|Proxycrawl LinkedIn Scraper
|Not compatible with all languages
|The number of tools provided that are easy to use
|Easy to use
|Keyword tracker, Amazon Helpdesk support
|There isn`t a mobile application
|Loss of data after free trial
|It doesn’t remove duplicate emails from the extracted data
|It’s expensive for a beginner
Why do you need to use LinkedIn Scraper?
- Extracts valuable data from LinkedIn: Phone, Email (if any), Connection, Address, Current Company, Country, First Name, Current Position, Education, Image Name, Input Keyword URL, Industry, Search term Resulted URL, Last Name, Source URL, Page source Unique Identifier, State, Website
- Supports Basic, High price, and Recruiter accounts
Dashboard with a tiny screen that displays all of the data in a single view
LinkedIn Scraper Advantages
- A single-screen dashboard simplifies control and operations
- ‘Settings’ to customize LinkedIn Credentials
- Seek by Search term, First Name, Last Name, Existing or Previous Company, Recent or Past Headline, Location, Sector, Company Size, Zip Code, School, Experience, Seniority Level, Partnership
- Start looking by Keyword URLs with bulk upload endorse
- Alternative to extract ‘Documents with email only’ OR ‘All Records’
- Stop, Start, Pause, and Reset alternatives for greater control over the tool
- Outsource Scraped Data in CSV file
- Showcase to set the crawling postponement to imitate human-like action, to prevent Account Blocking
Why do people use LinkedIn Scrapers?
Folks scrape digital sites and online platforms to obtain information for various purposes such as business analytics, overview, and so on.
People scrape LinkedIn to obtain information about companies and get LinkedIn contacts.
For instance, if you collaborate as an official in a company and search LinkedIn for specialists for your company, trying to scrape the platform to download LinkedIn contacts can help.
It is due to the difficulty of manually scraping or visiting every page on LinkedIn to copy the profile information.
By scraping LinkedIn with bots, you can obtain profile details on all qualified workers in your sector who are on LinkedIn.
However, because web scraping includes bots, numerous social networking sites, which provide for LinkedIn, are opposed.
If you don’t know it yet, there are a lot of tools out there that give users the ability to extract information from Linkedin.
When using these tools, one can end up collecting information about many people (e.g., their names, current and previous employers, jobs they might have had in the past or currently hold; interests; etc.).
However, is it legal to collect information from Linkedin? Yes and no. From an ethical standpoint, people should not extract your name or other personal data just by using a simple tool. To prevent this type of infringement, Linkedin allows its users to set their profiles as private. Once this setting has been enabled, people will no longer see your name or any other information from your profile unless they have a direct link to it.
On the other hand, Linkedin is a social network just like Facebook and Twitter, which means that some people choose to let their profiles public for everyone to see. It’s not only you who can benefit from these profiles; anyone can find interested professionals in their fields of work and learn about them without doing complex research.