Almost 2 years of pandemic limitations in the majority of world countries have boosted the popularity of the iGaming business. Even after some bans were removed, a lot of people decided to preserve their chance for distant occupation. One of the possible reasons for this is a taste of convenient web-based entertainment.
2022 is coming, and it is complicated to predict what is about to change, considering the experience with the Coronavirus. However, keeping in mind the current situation with the industry, it is estimated that the trends of 2021 will continue being popular and new achievements are going to join them.
Imminent Transition from Ground
The change in user behaviour has had a considerable impact on the development of the iGaming sector. Through 2020 and 2021, operators all around the world have experienced a tremendous increase in punters. This is expected to keep on increasing in 2022.
Major conclusions from the United Kingdom’s Gambling Commission on the change of playing perception in users:
- an increasing number of people install entertainment apps on their smartphones from Google Play and App Store;
- a raise in social-based games is estimated to keep growing on media platforms, in particular, Facebook;
- an expanded audience guarantees heavy profits for operators of portals as well as governments of countries and their treasuries;
- old games receive constant updates, while innovative solutions appear, with particular recognition of the youngest generation Z.
Popularity of Cryptocurrency
Digital money develops amazingly along with online gaming. The trend is capturing new niches and countries, opening incredible horizons for future ways of transactions. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lithium already see heavy usage on gambling sites. Punters strongly prefer this means of depositing and withdrawing, thanks to its convenience and total anonymity.
As of the end of 2021, there are over 3 hundred gaming sites and bookmakers officially accepting BTC and other cryptos. While a lot of operators are still waiting for the official legalisation of the digital means by legal entities, it is highly likely for hundreds of more organisations to add or switch completely to crypto in 2022.
New Operational Territories
In 2021, such European countries as the Netherlands, Ukraine, Greece, have officially regulated the iGaming sphere. Next year, this trend is going to continue due to undeniable benefits to countries where it is adopted. For example, operators are waiting to legally target players in previously closed Taiwan that is about to open its web premises.
A lot of jurisdictions have already perceived the benefits of online casino development. While it is an excellent possibility for players to enjoy quality content, authorities of countries replenish their treasuries with the help of taxes. For operators of gaming establishments, it is a stunning opportunity to expand their coverage with new audiences and content.
Virtual Reality Embrace
Online gaming facilities have quickly adopted a new quality level with VR technologies. Numerous providers of casino software have already presented dozens of fully-operational pieces of content. A lot of operators rely heavily on virtual reality due to its major success in cybergaming.
Suppliers of VR entertainment that will be highly demanded in 2022:
- A team of proficient developers has already implemented dozens of individual orders with their modern technologies. The suggested software can be installed in addition to conventional entertainment or with a focus on a VR-oriented environment.
- The first introduction of virtual amusement by the company was presented in 2016. The creator has been continuously producing VR entertainment after that. 2022 will not become an exclusion and is expected to bring even more players to this type of gambling.
- The brand can be regarded as a pioneer of VR entertainment. Today, it offers interactive story-driven games with a particular focus on gambling elements. With a rapid increase in this genre, it is expected that in 2022, the studio will be even more demanded.
AI and Machine Learning
Supercomputers, advanced systems, and mathematical algorithms have been used in online gambling for years. Recently, their role has significantly increased and is estimated to be needed even more in 2022.
Gambling platforms owners use AI and machine learning to analyse customer behaviour and track their preferences to create appealing products and bonuses. In addition, these tools have shown high efficiency in detecting users with playing problems and preventing their obsession from developing further. Thus, it is logical to expect that their use will become even more widespread in the future.
Wagering on Smartwatches
When the ability to place bets through these devices was first shown in 2014, no one knew how successful the idea would be. Today, we can see a huge increase in the amount of gambling content available on smartwatches.
This niche is on the track to reach $90 billion by 2027, and online casinos will undoubtedly benefit from this. For games to run better on smartwatches, developers will likely have to create special apps. However, it is already possible to find dedicated video slots optimised for these devices.
Demand for Aggregators
With so many advantages of the iGaming business, new entrepreneurs are highly likely to join the industry in 2022. Individual elaboration of a gambling site is possible, but the lack of experience can prevent a flawless result to be achieved.
The presence of aggregator companies simplifies this task. Casino Market is a leading supplier of services. The company offers convenient turnkey solutions that imply a complete transfer of all responsibilities to qualified experts. This trend is expected to be crucial in the iGaming industry of 2022.