Craps or Slots? How to Choose the Best Slot Machine for Your Budget
This is a question many gamblers have to ask themselves when they walk into a casino like Slothunter Canada One of the most popular games in casinos around the world, slot machines take up a large portion of floor space compared to other games such as poker.
Every gambler has their own reasons why they enjoy slots so much including that it’s very easy and requires no strategy. However, some might be more budget-conscious than others, which will give them a reason to spend less money on this game than say craps or blackjack where you can get better odds for your bet whether that means big payouts or limited losses.
So, if you’re looking to spend your hard-earned cash wisely while gambling at the casino, here are 5 tips to help you choose the best slot machine for your budget.
- How much money will you put into the machine: The first thing to look at before choosing a slot is how much you plan on spending on one spin of the reels of the slots. There are plenty of $0.01 and $0.05 machines so if you’re not looking to spend more than $5 this would be your best bet as opposed to playing a $1 or higher denomination machine that might cost you up to $10 per spin depending on what kind of bonus rounds or free spins they offer once certain criteria have been met (and on top of that, expect those machines require minimum bets each time as well). If you plan on putting in less than $20, then maybe try to find a machine that has one or two bonus rounds such as free spins and/or multipliers to make the cash you spend on the game more worthwhile.
- What casino you’re in: There are some casinos that have $0.01 machines but there might be a $1 minimum bet required per spin and another casino nearby might only require 25¢ for each spin which is a much better bang for your buck than spending $1 for just one spin at another establishment. If you’ve done your research checking out online slot reviews here’s an example of what I mean: Click Here. You can see under “Jackpots” whether it pays off big, how often it pays off, etc… so this should help give you an idea of what kind of potential this machine has for your bankroll. Some casinos might not give you the best odds on some games (for example Las Vegas where you get better odds at nearby Indian Casinos) but they make up for it by giving bigger bonuses and free spins which will help boost your chances at winning big or recouping losses if you’re playing a high limit slot such as $5 – $10 per spin.
- What kind of budget you have: Another good reason to choose machines that only cost 25¢ or less per turn is that even if you go through all your money while gambling, it’s not going to be that devastating since each turn on this machine doesn’t take much out of your bankroll which is a good thing if you want to keep playing for a long time. If your bankroll isn’t that big or you don’t feel comfortable having a big one going into the casino it’s best to stick with slot machines that have low limits from the start so it will be easier to recoup losses and have fun winning at this game as well.
- What kind of bonus rounds does the machine offer: If you’re looking for fast-paced action then go for games that have multiple bonus rounds like free spins, multipliers, etc… on top of that if you plan on putting in less money per spin (such as $0.01 per turn) then look out for high limit slots where it might up the multiplier from 2x to 5x, etc… This will give you a bigger advantage at possibly hitting a big payout and if you’re lucky enough for one of those machines that have tons of free spins as well as instant win rounds such as wilds, instant wins, etc.. then this will definitely bring in more cash flow into your bankroll. The biggest tip is to look at the payable first before playing any slot machine so you can find out what kind of criteria it takes to trigger these bonuses and what kind of value they carry. For example: If it says 1st symbol is worth x2 or 3x-6x and other symbols carry no value after completing the sequence required on the screen then this might be a good machine for you to play if you’re looking to get a high multiplier quickly.
- Consider how the patient is you at playing slots: If you get easily frustrated or tend to get tired of spinning the reels after losing several times in a row then you should put less money into the slot machines that have smaller denominations because even though these games might not be as fun since they do not have any bonus rounds that help boost your chances of hitting a big jackpot, they will give you more spins giving it more chance at winning back losses and also leaving with a bit more cash on hand. If you’re impatient and think about quitting before finishing 500 spins no matter how much money is left in your bankroll then maybe going for a bit higher limit machine is a better idea since you have more potential at winning big and can quickly recoup any losses that occur earlier on in your session.
Thanks for checking out this article! If you’re looking to find a great slot machine game while browsing the internet then check out Slot Reviews and get some ideas of what machines are best for your particular bankroll, whether it’s $1 or $10 per spin since it lists all the highest paying ones online. Even if you don’t win anything at least it gives you an insight into what to expect when playing these games so it’s no surprise if you happen to hit one of these jackpots while gambling in real life. Cheers & Good Luck! :)