Roulette is one of the most popular games in land-based and online casinos around the world. In Las Vegas, there is a certain love to it, but it is also easy to play online at online betting platforms such as 22Bet and, better yet, for free!
Here’s how it works: you place a bet on the roulette table, then the dealer spins the center wheel and throws the ball. When the wheel stops spinning, the ball lands on a number and that can be your winning number.
Many people think that winning at roulette is a matter of luck, and statistics show that the online casino generally has the stakes in its favor, but in fact there are some strategies that can be followed in order to get statistical success in the game.
Check out the main roulette games, types, rules, how to play online to practice, and how to win.
Roulette Game Variations
The default is 36 numbers, but there is more than one type of roulette game, so it’s important to know them before understanding the rules of the game.
- European Roulette: This is the most popular version and perhaps the favorite among those who play frequently. It only has one zero number in addition to 36 numbers, which can offer the player greater advantage.
- American Roulette: Has the double zero in it, which means, it has one more number than the others roulette wheels. Therefore, it also increases the casino’s statistical advantage. It has this name because it originated in the United States and is the most common version of casinos in the country.
- French Roulette: This type of roulette follows the standard of European roulette, but has two rules to benefit players when the ball lands on number zero: “la partage” and “en prision”. It is suitable for those starting out.
Gameplay and Rules
It’s not difficult to understand the terms and rules of the game. Some important points about the amount of bets and terms used:
- Inside Bet: when you choose to bet on any number in the center of the table;
- Bet on two numbers: by placing the chip in the division of numbers you can bet on more than one at the same time;
- Bet on three numbers: if the chip is placed in the place known as “street”, located in the corner between the numbers, the bet is triple;
- Bet on four numbers: the chip must be placed at the intersection between the numbers you want;
- Six-Number Bet: Place the chip in the middle of two rows.
Roulette Table Symbols
In the game some specific terms are used, but simple to memorize:
- Odd and Even numbers: definition of bets on numbers, whether odd (odd) or even (even)
- Black and Red: when you choose to bet by color, both options are black numbers or red numbers
- 1st12, 2nd12, 3rd12: terms referring to betting by dozens. You choose whether it will be the first, second, or third dozen numbers.
- 1to18: bet on the first eighteen numbers
- 19to36: bet on the last eighteen numbers
It’s very simple to play online roulette (and fun)! Online gambling is virtually identical to land based roulette available in real life casinos. In addition to the automatic online option, the sites offer live roulette, with real dealers, who are responsible for organizing the bets.
Another interesting option offered online is free roulette. Free roulette is basically the same thing as the real money version, except you play for play money and not real money. There are many websites that offer this option, but we love playing free online roulette.
Ideally, you start playing free roulette to understand the rules in practice, test out strategies and see which one you identify with, and then bet with real money.