The jackpot for Tuesday’s next draw is currently at an estimated $640 million.
WASHINGTON — Again, no winner. Mega millions jackpot, was up to $560 million in the Friday night draw. The jackpot for Tuesday’s next draw is currently at an estimated $640 million.
But there were four players who won at least $1 million on Friday night. Two lottery tickets sold in California and one lottery ticket sold in North Carolina he matched all five numbers, but not the Mega Ball to win $1 million. His one ticket in South Carolina matched him five, and an extra megaplier earned him $2 million.
Despite selling a few million-dollar tickets, the jackpot has continued to climb for months without a grand prize winner. The Powerball jackpot has reached $875 million, and this weekend’s Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots are worth $1.435 billion combined.
Mega Millions has not had a grand prize winner since April 18th. A 71-year-old New Yorker has won the largest Mega Millions jackpot in the state’s history. Johnny Taylor, of Howard Beach, Queens, New York, won $476 million, but opted for the cash option, giving him a lump sum of more than $157 million after taxes.
Winners almost always choose the cash option, but can alternatively receive the full amount in regular payments over 29 years. Friday’s draw had $287 million in prizes.
Mega Millions winning numbers for July 14, 2023:
The winning numbers were 10-24-48-51-66, Megaball 15 and Megaplier 2.
When is the Mega Millions draw?
The Mega Millions draw will take place on Tuesdays and Fridays at 11 PM ET.
What is the largest lottery prize you have ever won?
1. $2.04 Billion, Powerball, November 8, 2022 (1 ticket, out of California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (3 tickets, from California, Florida and Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (1 ticket, out of South Carolina)
4. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, January 13, 2023 (1 ticket, out of Maine)
5. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (single ticket, out of Illinois)
6. $1.05 Billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (1 ticket, out of Michigan)
7. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (1 ticket, from Wisconsin)
8. $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (1 ticket, from Massachusetts)
9. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (single ticket, out of Maryland)
10. $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021 (1 ticket, out of California)
The game’s huge prize pool has a very slim chance of actually winning, but the winner overcomes roughly a 1 in 302.6 million odds.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
https://www.wtol.com/article/news/nation-world/mega-millions-winning-numbers-july-14-2023/507-10a5279d-0f42-4b66-b1b3-c3f8f257e73d Mega Millions: July 14 Winning Numbers