BROWN TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WJW) – Fire officials are investigating the death of an infant in a Carroll County cabin fire Thursday morning.
Firefighters from the Great Trail Fire Department were called to the shed fire at about 4:17 am on Alliance Road in Brown Township.
When they got there, firefighters found the hut completely engulfed in flames.
A baby girl, believed to be less than six months old, died in the fire.
Investigators said the baby’s mother and her boyfriend were able to escape the fire.The mother was taken to hospital with minor burns.
According to Fire Chief Ralph Castellucci, they apparently lived in a hut, which had no smoke detectors and used temporary wiring.
Firefighters have not determined the cause of the fire, but believe it was due to an accident.
suggest a fix
https://www.wdtn.com/news/ohio/infant-killed-in-ohio-shed-fire-investigators/ Toddler killed in Ohio fire: investigator