SALISBURY, Ohio TWP (WOWK) — A home fire in southern Ohio erupted after a vacuum battery pack exploded, emergency officials say.
Crew members found one room on fire in a house on State Route 733 near Forest Run Road in Salisbury Township, Ohio, according to the Pomeroy Fire Department.
Pomeroy FD said firefighters used reins to put out the fire and ventilate the house. They discovered that the flames had started with the explosion of the floor cleaner’s rechargeable battery pack, setting nearby items on fire.
Only one room smelled of smoke throughout the house, according to Pomeroy FD.
Officials said there were no injuries.
Responders include Pomeroy FD, Middleport FD, Rutland FD, Meigs County EMS, Meigs County Sheriff’s Office, and American Electric Power.
https://www.wkbn.com/news/ohio/vacuum-battery-pack-explodes-starts-house-fire-in-ohio/ Vacuum battery pack explodes, causing home fire in Salisbury Township, Ohio